Peter's Solaris Zone
Jangle: Java SNMP GUI
13 April 2014: version 0.13. Download
| Jangle on GitHub
Jangle provides a simple graphical snmp browser.
It is based on (as in a simple cut-and-paste job) some code from
JKstat and leverages Jonathan Sevy's Java
SNMP Package for basic SNMP support and Mibble for MIB parsing, and JFreeChart for the
(Note: I'm using Mibble 2.3, which has the GPL Library
Exception, to avoid licensing headaches.)
The idea was to produce graphical charts just like I can in
JKstat. I had a look around for existing
utilities to do this, but none seemed complete.
Hence what I've produced so far. It started out as a simple
exploratory tool: what's possible in this space? It's evolved into
something that can actually be useful.
Just a simple screenshot:
The About tab gives you details of the relevant MIB entry. Siblings are
different instances of the same thing; cousins are different properties
of the same instance.
- Initial release.
- Name changed to jangle; look in more places for MIB files; wrapper
script is more sane.
- Initialization and loading done in worker threads; initial tree
view; error handling; user defined MIB location.
- Code cleanups, imported jar updates.
- snmpwalk subcommand, lots of functional and display cleanups;
siblings and cousins.
- Allows selections of port to use.
- User friendly names in list and tree.
- Cousins tab, and charts of siblings and cousins.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Updated jfreechart. Table of cousins and siblings now updates, and
allows the user to select what is charted.
- Bypass a rogue exception. Cousins table is sorted, and includes
- Polish. Can supply arguments to snmpping and snmpwalk. Dates
displayed as dates.
- Polish and packaging. Update JFreeChart, so requires Java 6.
Peter's Home | Zone Home